MyOHR Annual Seminar
Thursday, October 19, 2017
3:00pm to 5:00pm
Crowne Plaza – Palo Alto
4290 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Portofino Conference Room
- Legal Insight into Newly Established Employment Laws
- Responding to Workers Compensation Claims
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Healthcare Compliance
RSVP at www.MyOHR.tk
Affordable Care Act – A Comprehensive Update
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
11:00am to 1:00pm
Crowne Plaza – Foster City
1221 Chess Dr.
Foster City, CA 94404
What you don’t know can cost you money. Protect yourself and be informed.
Elizabeth Kay, Compliance and Technology Officer for AEIS, has held her California Property & Casualty and Health & Life Insurance licenses since 2010. Ms. Kay is a National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) and a Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) certified professional. She has worked for Ronald Bland at AEIS, an employee benefits firm in San Mateo since 2012 and has multiple published blog articles written on behalf of United Benefit Advisors and Employer Benefit News. Ms. Kay sits on the United Benefit Advisors Legal and Compliance Committee and has spoken before the San Mateo County EAC and United Bank Board of Directors on previous occasions.
Compliance and technology professionals constitute the first line of defense when it comes to helping a company avoid employment litigation.
This seminar provides you with important practical guidance and tips on how to effectively minimize the risk of employment-related legal claims, including:
- How to navigate the current healthcare landscape.
- Legislative shifts to be expected nationwide, and locally.
- Recent Department of Labor (DOL) legal actions.
- ERISA compliance – best practice examples.
- And more.
- 11:00 a.m. Event check-in and lunch
- 11:15 a.m. Welcome and introduction by Ms. Georgette Esquivel, San Mateo County EAC Chairperson
- 11:30 a.m. Seminar “Affordable Care Act – a comprehensive update” by Elizabeth Kay
- 12:50 p.m. Closing comments, questions, and evaluations
Registration closes on Sunday, October 22, 2017. We will not accept registrations/payment at the door.